Friday, May 16, 2014

Having Hope and Taking a Deep Breath

I'm notoriously bad at blogging - even writing. But I'm choosing to hope that I can do this. I can have a goal and I can work towards achieving it. I'm taking a breath and writing my thoughts.

I have a wonderful life. It's magical. And it's SO hard at the same time. I'm sure most of us feel that way to varying degrees.

I have two wonderful children. I have an awesome husband. I live in a beautiful place, and we are all healthy and safe. Life is grand.

But I also have a deep hope.

I want to DO MORE. You know, what I'm talking about? I want to have something that I can do that satisfies this need I have to create. And create something I think is beautiful. Last night I realized -- I need to figure out what I LIKE. Not just what everyone else likes. Pintrest is full of popular stuff. Stuff I could make, but it's not what I totally love.

Recently, I met a woman that inspired me a bit. She's a fantastic photographer -- And she kept looking at what other's were doing. What poses were popular, and what lighting they used. Then she stepped back and realized that she wasn't doing what SHE wanted. She ultimately realized that she needed to "Unlock the Art Hidden in Her Heart." I love that phrase. I feel like I have beautiful things I want to make - but I want to make something I feel like is beautiful. Not just what is popular. Or what will sell. I just want to be in love with what I'm creating.


This is a photo Tammy took of my little girl Olivia. 


So I have an idea. Of course, it is similar to other's people's ideas. But this time, I feel like this one can be mine. I want to make kids clothes. More specifically little girl's clothes, but I have a cute idea for little boys too.

So this blog will chronicle my journey. The journey to keep hope - Hope that I can do this! I can blog. I can create something from my heart. And the hope that I can be successful. I want to create a small business. I want to create clothes and other kid's items and come out with a new "line" every quarter. Maybe every six months??

And now I'm just going to take a breath. Because it really does take time to create something beautiful. Take a breath and work diligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment