Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Scared to Sew and Updates

There's this parenting book I have been reading. I bought it and immediately lent it too a good friend. Then as soon as I got it back, I leant it to another friend. It's like I want EVERYONE to know about this awesome book. But I want to read it again! So I'm going to have to ask for it back - Friend #2 has had it for 9 days. It's totally legit to ask for it back now. I mean, she should be done, right ?? ;)

I already have a post going about it - I just need to get the BOOK BACK so I can finish up writing it. Next time I see her, I'm going to ask for it - So you can hear all about this book too. I love it.

Anyways - from this book, I've learned that I'm a "physical" person. I'm a "goer." I have to get things done, I like to do big things, and I somewhat measure my worth my what I can get done. I don't like people to tell me what to do. I won't do it - Now that I'm older, I will just shake my head then go do whatever I want. I'm sure a lot of women (and men) can identify with this!

If you see this manifest itself in a toddler, you get what you call "the terrible twos!" I mean, there are terrible twos, and there are TYPE 3 terrible twos. Type 3 Terrible Twos are EXPLOSIVE! That's my Olivia. She's a feisty Type 3, like me. I call my mom and dad all the time and relate to them her latest shenanigans, and ask "Did I do this to you??" And most of the time they say "No!" I wonder how true that statement is....

But I'm sure those of us with kids, have kids who are "just like us!." I think Jake and Sam are the same - Type 1. They are the happy go lucky, most always in a good mood, and want to play all the time. Life is a game.

Back to my Type 3ness. It's hard to be a Type 3. I have these big plans - Hey "Why don't I just start my own kids clothing line." Seriously - who thinks that? Well, me. Then I go for it. But reality just sucks me back. I have dishes to do - I have to go swimming regularly (should I be complaining about this??), I have to do the budget. Lately I'm on the phone or texting a lot about how my mom is doing - wishing I were there.

But you know what else stops me from accomplishing things? I feel like I have to have things "exactly" how I want them. Look at this:


What is that even?

It's a mess.  Who has the motivation to sew that?

I like lined dresses - fully, beautifully lined. "Why not, since I'm making it fully lined, make it perfectly reversible too??" Well - that's a lot of effort. So I end up with this:


It's been sitting there for two days. If I don't mess up on anything I could have the dress done in 15 minutes. But... instead I let it sit there for 2 days... getting up the energy to try and sew it and hope I don't mess up. Because I REALLY hate unpicking stitches. Like hate it so bad, I would rather sew and change things than unpick a seam.

But - it's going to be beautiful. Once it's done. Those fully lined sleeves are just a beast. I may have to redesign those if I can't get it better - I can't be so scared of sewing a dress. That wouldn't make such great business sense.

So maybe I can conquer that tonight. Hopefully.

Tomorrow's goal is to finish and take pictures of the dress while Olivia is wearing it?

WHAT A GOAL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other info you just might be interested in

- Mom is still in ICU    Drs still talking about doing lung surgery for a isolated pocket of infection that's probably been in her lung for over a year.
- BMB (Bone Marrow Biopsy) done today   Poor woman    Stick a needle in my bone? I think I'll punch you, that's all!
- Still on a berating tube and feeding tube. Those will probably come out after they do surgery, IF they do surgery.


And
- Maybe Olivia is growing up a bit - I haven't had a fight with her for a couple days   She is being a good girl to be around    She is one sweet girl, but she definitely has her temper tantrums (which she obviously inherited from me! opps!)

And one picture of Olivia -- This was Friday. We always go "pick up our vegetables" from a local farmer on Friday afternoons. Sam and Olivia always want to hold something from the bag on the way back, so I gave Sam bananas and Olivia a yellow squash. Next time I look back, she's eaten the top of the squash off. Sweet. She said she like it.



((Notice her pjs are on inside out AND backwards??? It stops the "poop painting" that so regularly happens around here. We have been living in this apt for 4 months, and have carpet cleaned poop out of her bedroom carpet about 5 or 6 times because she gets a little aggressive with a poopy diaper at nap time.))

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! it's been awhile since I've read it. love the pictures. you and your kids make me laugh. I loved sewing clothes for Jane. Girls are so much fun.

    Hope your mom does well today. I'm getting updates through my mom, who's sleeping at my house at nights for now. Saw her Saturday night and she smiled :)

    ReplyDelete