Tuesday, March 17, 2015

First Try!!

Remember on The Lego Movie where Batman is trying to get into Lord Buiness's office and he takes out the security guard, then he throws his little bat things at the button to open the gate? He misses a million times, but as soon as he hits it, he says "First Try!!" If not, you can see it here.

That's me. Remember when I said I was learning a lot and sewing was just getting better? Well -- I don't think that applies to dress designing at the moment. It's going to take me a lot of tries to get this right, but as soon as I do, you can bet I'll say "First Try!" 

I am 99% finished with this dress, and it's a flop. Super sad! I know how I want it to look, and it's not there. 

I wanted a really full skirt but I got crazy baggy. 

So I'm deciding between tweaking it and seeing what I can do, or just moving on. I think I will try tweaking. It can't really get worse! Maybe I will even post before and after pictures if it improves... 

And this experience has taught me I probably just need more tries in sewing little girls dresses before I start designing them myself! 

I remembered a couple years ago my mom was going through her pattern stash and had me take some patterns. I should have taken more! But at least I got this gem... 


This dress has the fullness that I wanted in my design, but it doesn't look baggy here. 

Liv says she's excited one of these is in her future! I hope this one turns out -- I've already ordered some great fabric-- Easter dresses here we come! 

I keep reminding myself: 

"If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment